As a transfer agent, KSD provides securities administration services such as title transfer, issuing services, and dividend payment on behalf of the issuer.
|Transfer agent||Issuing agent||Paying agent|
Users of securities agent services
- IPO and listed companies
Companies planning to list their stock on the KOSPI, KOSDAQ, KONEX, or K-OTC market, must designate a transfer agent handle securities administration, issue uniform securities certificates, and be approved for deposit by KSD.
- Unlisted companies
If necessary, unlisted companies can appoint a transfer agent to handle stock administration efficiently and to ensure the credibility of share certificates through the issuance of uniform securities certificates or designation of deposit.
Advantages of KSD as a transfer agent
- A securities services provider with 40 years of history, KSD possesses wide expertise in providing stock administration services.
- KSD provides one-stop stock administration services of such issuing uniform securities certificates, designation of deposit, mandatory separate safe custody, electronic voting, and electronic short-term bond and DR issuance.
- There are offices in five major cities - Busan, Seoul, Daejeon, Gwangju, Daegu, and Jeonju to provide services to investors nationwide.
- Reporting irregular share certificates
- In case certificates are lost, damaged or destroyed, the shareholder reports the accident with the required documentation.
- Investors can easily and quickly check the details of irregular securities on SEIBro (www.seibro.or.kr), KSD's securities information portal.
- 01 Check the details of share certificates
The shareholders' list is issued by KSD.
- 02 Report loss of share certificates
A receipt for the report of lost share certificates is issued by police stations or substations.
- 03 Report accidents to share certificates
A certificate of stock issuance is issued by KSD.
- 04 Application for a public summons
A receipt for the report of the lost share certificates and a certificate of stock issuance is submitted to the department of civil cases in the issuer's competent court.
- 05 Nullification judgment
The shareholder should appear at the department of civil cases in the issuer's competent court on the fixed date of a public summons (three months after announcement date).
- 06 Reissue
The original copy of the judgment of nullification is submitted to KSD to receive new share certificates.
* These procedures can be handled by the issuer's transfer agent.